Blogger Recognition Award

Saturday, December 6, 2014

I was nominated by Rachel W for the Blogger Recognition Award! Thanks, dear!! <3





 The Rules:
♥ Thank the person who nominated you.
♥ Leave a link to their page.
♥ Give a brief story about how you started blogging, and share some tips.
♥ Nominate 15 other bloggers
♥ Notify your nominees by email or comment




Okay, here's my little story...

I originally started blogging on "wilsonsisterto7.blogspot.com" as just an online diary while my dad went on a mission trip to Kenya for 2 weeks. He and I both blogged what was going on on our sides of the world, and it helped us feel closer.
After that, I just blogged everyday life for awhile. (Getting my braces, getting them off, new haircut, favorite new foods, birthday parties, etc...)
But when my family felt called to move to Kenya together, it became my way to journal what was going on in the mission field. I still go back & read my thoughts from the first weeks of our stay. When 6 months had passed, and GOD told us it was time to come home, that season of my blogging ended.

And now, I rarely update that old blog. I still do sometimes, just for the distant family members who really liked hearing from me. Because, to be honest, my life isn't that interesting to write about anymore. I do school, chores, hang out with my friends, and just live. This type of blogging is a lot more fun & interesting to me! I can write about books, movies, story ideas, dialog, & everything else!

So that is my blogging story. <3




My tips... (#WritingAdvice)

 Be consistent! You don't have to post every day, but you ought to post at least once a month. I know, I am not the most consistent poster, but I try to post around once a week. That way, you will continue to draw people with the same interests as you & you will gain more followers and comments.

Be real! Post about what you love. If you aren't into what you are writing about, it will come through your writing. It's equivalent to dressing a certain way just so a certain group of people with hang out with you; they will find out & you will be uncomfortable the whole time. So it's a no-win situation. Just be yourself, and the right crowd will come!

Be honest! If you liked the book, then good for you! But if you hated it, then that's okay too! Explain what you didn't like. I'm not saying to bash other people's work, but try to give specific reasons you dislike something & be honest about it. If someone gets upset that you didn't like their favorite book, it's not your problem!

 Use pictures! I know this is an odd one, but pictures DO help to draw people in. When there are 2 posts, one with a picture & one without, I am more likely to click on the one with a picture. Visuals help to get your point across too. Pinterest is an excellent place to scavenge cool eye-catching pics. 





I nominate...

I know it's not 15, but I honestly can't think of many more people at the moment. So, if you are reading this right now, I NOMINATE YOU!!! <3

Hahaha!! Too late, you can't run from it, you are nominated. Go jump on your blog & share the love! :)



H.M. Wilson

4 comments :

  1. Haha, great post! That's a really interesting blog-beginning story! :O Kenya? that's amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel!
      Haha! Yes, Kenya! It was a really eye-opening experience for all of us... (I actually have 7 brothers and sisters & my parents, lol!) We still miss things about it, but on the whole we are glad to be home. I hope to go back on short trips in the future... :)

      Delete
  2. Super interesting blog story! I have to echo Rachel and say "that's amazing!"

    Thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks, Sunny!!
      Nah, it's not really that amazing... lol! We were just doing what GOD told us to do. HE was the amazing one!! <3
      And no prob! I know I nominate you with almost every tag, but you are one of the awesomest bloggers I can think of! Haha! :D

      Delete

I love comments. Seriously, I love them! Feel free to discuss the post, ask questions, leave a link to your blog, or just make a passing remark about books & coffee...

(But PLEASE keep your comments kind & positive. Advice is fine, but meanness is not. Be sweet like chocolate & loving like Jesus and we will get along splendidly!)