Misbehaving Characters & Writer's Block

Friday, December 5, 2014





November has come and gone, along with NaNoWriMo.

My novel has not been completed.

My characters have not been behaving.

I caught the dreaded disease of Writer's Block that has lasted for the whole month.

And to be honest, my schedule went nuts!



Anytime I sat down to write, I just...














Soooooo... Yeah, that's what my issue is! My characters won't behave for me & do what I want them to. But I'm sure that I am not the only writer with this problem. Everyone goes through it at some point.

That doesn't change the fact that I don't like it!!

Anyway, I put my characters into a figurative "time out corner" until they deside they want to listen to me, for now. Soon I will backtrck and see if I can muddle through the areas I was struggling with and get some more accomplished.



Thanks, Ryan... <3



Do you have a specific character who gives you a hard time? Comment down below and tell me how you deal with Writer's Block!







H.M. Wilson

2 comments :

  1. THIS POST. This speaks to my soul. XD LOL my characters misbehave AAALLL THE TIME!!! I mostly just go with it now, and try to steer them in the general direction of the plot when I can. XD Also, I have that "writers block" quote from the beginning of the post on a mug. I use it all the time. X)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA!! I'm glad it's not just me!! It makes me sooooo mad when my character is supposed to be one way & they act TOTALLY "out-of-character"... lol! Do you just try to re-work them when you edit? Or do you, like you said, just go with the flow of things? I really need to get that mug... I'd use it every day!! :)

      Delete

I love comments. Seriously, I love them! Feel free to discuss the post, ask questions, leave a link to your blog, or just make a passing remark about books & coffee...

(But PLEASE keep your comments kind & positive. Advice is fine, but meanness is not. Be sweet like chocolate & loving like Jesus and we will get along splendidly!)