What I Got For Christmas 2014

Saturday, December 27, 2014












Well, the festivities are finally over... The food has been consumed, the carols have been sung, gifts have been opened, and the general rush of things has slowly abated. Usually this is when the "post-Christmas-depression" sets in, but not for me!!

I feel so very blessed this year. As I reflect on everything that has taken place over the passed 12 months, I feel dizzy & amazed. How GOD could do so much in such a short amount of time, my finite human mind cannot comprehend! (I've traveled back to America, from living in Kenya for 6 months. {If you want to read a bit more on that, check out this post: Blogger Recognition Award (My Blogging Story) } I've moved a total of 4 different times, just this year. I've started writing a book. I started looking at colleges. I partially participated in NaNoWriMo. I got a summer job. I started driving. I started playing/singing in a band at our church. I began writing at Crown of Beauty Magazine. I started this blog...) Where has all of the time gone??

And on top of all of this, I was given some lovely gifts from friends & family. I'm not going to post all of them! Just the ones that have something to do with reading/writing... <3








"As You Wish" by Cary Elwes


If you have read my "Favorite Flicks" Page, or know me personally, you know I am a HUGE Princess Bride fan! I love this movie sooooo much!! And this book is a kind of behind-the-scenes look from Cary Elwes (Westley's) POV. He gathered up funny & interesting stories from the cast & crew during the filming of this charming tale and compiled all of them into one book!! 
I had heard about this book, and my dad had mentioned it in passing, and it sounded like an amazing read. Little did I know that my lovely parents were scheming to buy if for me!! I cannot wait to read this book, and will definitely be posting a review when I'm done... 






"Sense & Sensibility" by Jane Austen

If you were to know ANYTHING about my reading/writing life, you would know that Jane Austen is my hero!! Both Pride & Prejudice and Mansfield Park were phenomenal reads, and I have been dying to read this once ever since. And I absolutely adore the cover!! It's so prettily bound, and I know it will be one that will decorate my shelves for years to come... 






Bluedio Turbine Headphones

These headphones are so cool! And they are certainly the nicest pair I have ever owned... These are really comfortable & one of my favorite colors!! I am going to love listening to music while I read or write. 






Beautiful Pen

A very pretty purple-ink pen for scribbling down notes during school or a writing session. I






A Soft, Snuggly Blanket

If I ever go missing from the blog-world someday, it will probably be because I am curled up deep inside this pile of soft plushiness!! I love this blanket so much already! With this little thing & a cup of tea, I will be able to face the fictional world anytime...






Wicked Gingersnaps

Technically this was a family gift, but I still love them!! (As you can see, the tin is nearly half empty already...) The funny thing about these particular gingersnaps is the fact that this size tin can only be found during the holidays at a certain Market, which my grandmother likes to shop at. So anytime these little things show up, we enjoy them while we can, because we know it will be a year until we see them again... A handful of these delectable goodies will go marvelously with my cuddly blanket & tea. 






So, there you go!! These were a few of my favorite cuddly-snuggly-cozy-bookish things I received from some special people this year... But the greatest gift of all is Jesus Christ, who came to this earth as a child. (Which is totally amazing, if you think about it at all!) 

I hope you all had an amazing holiday season!! Let me know in the comments what your favorite thing about this Christmas was... (Favorite gift, favorite memory, etc...) Cannot wait to hear from you!! <3





H.M. Wilson 

3 comments :

  1. Looks like you had a great Christmas! You've got a lovely blog going on here!

    Thank you so much for the comment on my blog. I said this in my reply, but I find it really cool that we have the same initials. H. M. W! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hey there! Thanks for stopping by!! Thank you... Haha! Yeah, it's not everyday I find someone with the same initials as me. I loved your blog!! I will certainly be reading more... Cannot wait to hear more from you! And Merry Christmas!! <3

      Delete
  2. That copy of Sense and Sensibility looks so lovely. I used to think Jane Austen was stuffy, but then I read Pride and Prejudice for school last semester and feel in love. I NEED to read more of her books!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Seriously, I love them! Feel free to discuss the post, ask questions, leave a link to your blog, or just make a passing remark about books & coffee...

(But PLEASE keep your comments kind & positive. Advice is fine, but meanness is not. Be sweet like chocolate & loving like Jesus and we will get along splendidly!)