So Long, Writer's Block! (Don't trip on the way out...)

Tuesday, February 17, 2015




It. Finally. Happened.

My Writer's Block has abated for the time being.

I don't know how or why. But I am reconnected to my author-brain and am actually making some leeway on Emma's File!! New scenes are popping up, details are growing, & creative juices are flowing!

But what have I been doing this entire time?? Basically...




(I AM this fat, fuzzy cat...) 



I basically had to put the book into a figurative "time-out corner" & just leave it to think about its behavior. I believe my characters must have repented from their naughty ways, because they are behaving well enough for me to get a little something done!

I want to release a bit of a teaser or something sometime soon, but I don't know if I will... Kingdom Pen is hosting a Begin Your Novel Contest, in which you can share the first 75-200 words of your novel. I'm thinking about entering. Who knows? Maybe I will...

Sometimes you just have to take a break from something you love, so you can learn to love it more! I think that's kinda what had to go on with Emma's File. I don't have any magic formula for "Writer's Block Pest Control" other than to just chill & wait it out... Use your Pinterest, eat some ice-cream, watch a movie, read a good book, and be patient! Don't give up; inspiration will appear again! <3






H.M. Wilson

2 comments :

  1. 0.0 You. Are. A. Finalist.
    OHMYGOODNESES CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, goodness!! Thank you for telling me!! I'm so excited!!! XD

      Delete

I love comments. Seriously, I love them! Feel free to discuss the post, ask questions, leave a link to your blog, or just make a passing remark about books & coffee...

(But PLEASE keep your comments kind & positive. Advice is fine, but meanness is not. Be sweet like chocolate & loving like Jesus and we will get along splendidly!)