The Writer's Life For Me

Saturday, March 21, 2015
"Yoh-ho-yoh-ho, a writer's life for me..."


Well, I didn't win the Kingdom Pen Contest... I was eliminated after the first round of finalists, but I'm still tickled to have gotten that far! Thanks for the sweet encouragement where that was concerned.

But that contest made me hungry for more! I'm on the lookout for new writing contests & ways to stretch my creative muscles. (If you happen to find something, send a link my way!! I'll definitely check them out!) I'm just looking for ways to get experience and practice in... And hopefully all of it can help me out in the future.

For instance, there is a possibly of me being able to write for a local newspaper!! A lady that works for it happened to read my personal blog during my time in Kenya, (you can look at my post about "My Blogging Story" to read more about that adventure!) and she really liked it. She talked to the Editor and... He seemed interested. What a cool thing to put on a resume, right?

So who knows? It would be awesome practice & a great way to build my resume and college applications. (I'm planning on being an English/Literature/Creative Writing Major, so stuff like that looks really good to future professors.) 

It's really cool to see things you do begin to take shape & know that they will be helpful to your future!! I think that's why it's so important to get a job doing something you love...


What about you? Did you, or have you done things with your writing or another creative outlets that can or have helped somewhere along the way? Let me know in the comments!! :)


                                      H.M. Wilson



8 comments :

  1. That is so neat! I hope you get to write for the newspaper. And congrats on making it so far in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ally!! Yeah, it would be really cool if I could... What about you? Do you enjoy writing? :)

      Delete
    2. I do :) I don't have any aspirations to become published or anything. It's more of just a hobby for me, but I really enjoy writing my own stories.

      Delete
    3. That's awesome!! How long have you been writing stories? it's always cool to look back & see how long you've been writing and seeing how far you've come. <3

      Delete
    4. Hmm, I don't know. I guess I've been writing on and off for about a year and a half. It's been a fun journey!

      Delete
    5. Sweet!! Keep it up! Writing is a perfect way to work out emotions & stretch your creativity!! :)

      Delete
  2. I love seeing writers become active in their dream :) Congrats on even entering the contest! It's more than I do xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Opal!! (Btw, your name is soooo pretty!!) I love chasing my dreams... Thanks for stopping by! I'll definitely check out your blogs! <3

      Delete

I love comments. Seriously, I love them! Feel free to discuss the post, ask questions, leave a link to your blog, or just make a passing remark about books & coffee...

(But PLEASE keep your comments kind & positive. Advice is fine, but meanness is not. Be sweet like chocolate & loving like Jesus and we will get along splendidly!)