Sunny invited everyone to join her first-ever link-up, so I decided I'd try it... In all honesty, its my first "linky-thingy" too, so this is new for me! But new can be fun!! So here goes nothing... :)
1. If you can, share a picture of your bookshelves (piles of books, boxes of books, anywhere you store your books) or describe the set-up you have.
~ Ummm... Must I share a picture?? Haha! I am part of a large family, (ten people total!) and we are all readers. And on top of that, we are in the middle of moving!! So, as you might imagine, our bookshelves are pretty insane right now... But I will describe it for you! Books go everywhere in our house. We have shelves, counters, boxes, tubs, and tables with books all covering them. And we make a point to go to Half-Priced books at least once a month or so. What can I say? We love to read!
2. How do you sort your books? Author, genre, not at all?
~ Haha! Nope!! To a certain degree we have a stack of so-and-so's school books, a shelf of this series, the shelf of Bible study & devotionals, and a pile of Mom's Homeschooling Idea books... But as a whole, we don't meticulously organize our books.
3. Do you have any special trinkets or decorations on your shelves, or are they purely business?
~ My shelves tend to be a catch-all for books & other things. It's a random rainbow of bookishness!
4. What genre dominates your bookshelf? Or what genres make up your bookshelf?
~ Really, a little bit of everything. But mostly fiction books. There is a lot of fantasy mixed in as well. My personal pile is shoved full of classics!
5. Are there any books on your shelf that you're particularly proud of?
~ My copy of Sense & Sensibility is sooooooo pretty!! It's one of the Puffin Classic covers & I adore it! <3
6. What is the ratio between read books and TBR books on your shelf?
~ I have absolutely no idea. There are many books I haven't read, but I can't even think of a good ratio!! Lol! Let's just say 50:50...
7. What is the most recent addition to your bookshelf?
~ The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorn and Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
8. Describe your dream bookshelf setup.
~ A Library. My own personal library in a castle on a mountain with a cozy armchair & fireplace.