The Bookshelf Link-up (A Splash of Ink)

Thursday, May 14, 2015








Sunny invited everyone to join her first-ever link-up, so I decided I'd try it... In all honesty, its my first "linky-thingy" too, so this is new for me! But new can be fun!! So here goes nothing... :)






The Prompt:





1. If you can, share a picture of your bookshelves (piles of books, boxes of books, anywhere you store your books) or describe the set-up you have. 

~ Ummm... Must I share a picture?? Haha! I am part of a large family, (ten people total!) and we are all readers. And on top of that, we are in the middle of moving!! So, as you might imagine, our bookshelves are pretty insane right now... But I will describe it for you! Books go everywhere in our house. We have shelves, counters, boxes, tubs, and tables with books all covering them. And we make a point to go to Half-Priced books at least once a month or so. What can I say? We love to read!





2. How do you sort your books? Author, genre, not at all?

~ Haha! Nope!! To a certain degree we have a stack of so-and-so's school books, a shelf of this series, the shelf of Bible study & devotionals, and a pile of Mom's Homeschooling Idea books... But as a whole, we don't meticulously organize our books.






3. Do you have any special trinkets or decorations on your shelves, or are they purely business?

~ My shelves tend to be a catch-all for books & other things. It's a random rainbow of bookishness!






4. What genre dominates your bookshelf? Or what genres make up your bookshelf?

~ Really, a little bit of everything. But mostly fiction books. There is a lot of fantasy mixed in as well. My personal pile is shoved full of classics!






5. Are there any books on your shelf that you're particularly proud of?

~ My copy of Sense & Sensibility is sooooooo pretty!! It's one of the Puffin Classic covers & I adore it! <3






6. What is the ratio between read books and TBR books on your shelf?

~ I have absolutely no idea. There are many books I haven't read, but I can't even think of a good ratio!! Lol! Let's just say 50:50...






7. What is the most recent addition to your bookshelf?

~ The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorn and Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.






8. Describe your dream bookshelf setup.

~ A Library. My own personal library in a castle on a mountain with a cozy armchair & fireplace.














H.M. Wilson

12 comments :

  1. WOW, ten readers?? I'm the biggest reader out of all my family and friends. My sister reads, but she's four years younger than I am, doesn't read a fraction of what I do, and we have completely different tastes. I feel so alone.... Though, on the bright side, that means my books are MY books and not to be shared(which gives me a wicked sense of pleasure). What can I say? I'm a book hoarder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yeppers... I am the eldest of 8 kids & ALL of us love to read! :) Awe... I'm a bit of a book hoarder too. (Stay out of my special box, people! lol! Jk!) :D

      Delete
  2. This is so fun! When we moved two years ago, about 30% (actually, probably more) of the boxes were filled with books. There's eight readers in my family (some more than others!), so there is books everywhere. We have two walls of gorgeous, full built-in shelves. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Haha! I'm not gonna lie... I'm jealous of your beautiful bookshelves. :P

      Delete
  3. Squeeb. I love it. Your bookish family sounds absolutely amazing. I only own a few books and get some from the library (can't afford a lot of books plus I rarely reread books...so library it is!). This link-up thing sounds like fun! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe... Yeah, I think my family is pretty great! I love them bunches!! <3 Oh, Library books are the bestest thing since sliced bread! And re-reading is the bomb... Yeah, I think it was kinda fun. :D

      Delete
  4. It must be awesome to have so many books around you and people who love to read :) A library in a castle on a mountain sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Opal! :) Yeah, I'll admit it's a pretty nice way to live... I love to daydream about my castle! :D

      Delete
  5. A family that reads together stays together! Your family sounds awesome!

    When we moved, the bookshelves and books were definitely a very large part of work, so I feel your pain. Also, I love the Puffin Classics covers! I'm so glad that re-doing classic covers is a thing. I just picked up a really nice version of Pride and Prejudice with a pretty typography cover.

    Thanks for participating in the link-up! I really appreciate your involvement:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sunny! :) Yeah... The book-moving is a ton of work, but it's SO satisfying when it's all done!!

      Oh, I adore the new covers so much... I know you shouldn't judge books by the cover, but sometimes they do add a special spark to the reading! <3

      I was glad to join!! This was fun! We should do another sometime soon...

      Delete
  6. The chaos of your books gives me anxiety. XD Ha! Just kidding. Well, sort of. But anyway, I love the mental picture of a house just overflowing with books!

    On an unrelated note, I tagged you in this Favorite Screen Characters Tag, if you're interested. No pressure at all! :) http://rachelssecretscribblings.blogspot.ca/2015/05/favorite-screen-characters-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks, Rachel... :) It does me too, so don't worry. lol! But at the same time, I love it!! <3

      Ooooohhh!! I will totally check that out!! Thanks for that! :D

      Delete

I love comments. Seriously, I love them! Feel free to discuss the post, ask questions, leave a link to your blog, or just make a passing remark about books & coffee...

(But PLEASE keep your comments kind & positive. Advice is fine, but meanness is not. Be sweet like chocolate & loving like Jesus and we will get along splendidly!)