Random Life Update + Positivity

Tuesday, June 9, 2015








Hey, peoples of the internet... I thought I would take advantage of this lovely afternoon to write about life. (My life, specifically.)

My life currently feels pretty hectic, because so much is happening all at once, full-force, with no breaks. In some ways, it is totally tiresome & stressful; but in other ways, it is super exciting!


My family and I are moving into a new house within the next month or two. (Ugh... Moving. Yay--New house!!) I just took my final driving exam & have procured my license to drive. (Oh... Responsibility. Yes--Freedom!!) I have my big ACT exam coming up this Saturday. (Ew... Tests. Yeah--college!!) I am currently eating only "clean" food, in hopes of becoming healthier. (Wah... No sweets. Woohoo--feel better!!)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, how you feel about a situation depends on how you look at it. There are two sides to everything. One can choose to continually pick out the negative pieces of life's puzzle & be grumpy about it, which is the easiest thing to do. Or one can choose to be positive & sift through the mess to find the good, which is probably the more difficult option, but so much more fulfilling! 


God calls His children to a higher standard: to not be average human beings. (Or "beans"... Either works!) On the outside, we may or may not look average. But it's not the outside appearance that matters; it's the inner person that fuels our actions that should be different. An average 'human bean' would constantly observe the negative & point out everything that is wrong with life! (Doesn't that sound familiar?) But it takes someone different to choose to pick out the good & be joyful about it! 


I mainly write this for myself. 


It's difficult to maintain a positive, joyful outlook when the bad seems to outweigh the good on some days. But God wants me to shine & be a light in a dark place. And how can I be a light if I choose to only see gloom & doom everywhere I go?? The answer is... I can't. 

We all have bad days. Days when we wake up on the wrong side of the bed, when we spill our coffee, when we trip down the step, when we get a paper cut, and when our energy is zapped... But--we wake up, we have coffee to spill, we have legs to walk (and trip) with, we have books to read, and we have other days with energy-overloads! 


It's all in your perspective. 


Don't let your situation define you.





{ P.S. -- I did a little guest post over at The Daisy Tree!! Go check it out!! Underrated Children's Books }





H.M. Wilson

16 comments :

  1. Mmm, yes yes yes. I need to be reminded of this on my bad days. There is always a good side, and just being grumpy also puts others down. So yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cally! :) I needed to remind myself of this & thought that others might need the same little pep-talk! Lol! It nice to have a little reminder every once and a while...

      Delete
  2. Hi Hannah,
    I found your blog via your lovely post at The Daisy Tree, and I sure do like what I see here, especially when the very first post I found was about Elinor Dashwood. :) She's one of my very favorite Austen heroines, right up there with Miss Lizzy. This post really was nice; I think about this an awful lot too, and I'm afraid I don't do as well as I should.
    Best of luck with the ACT this week! I'm sure it will go splendidly. :)
    ~ Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Amanda! :) Thanks for stopping by! Haha! Yes, of you stick around, you will find out that I am a HUGE Jane Austen fan...! Isn't Lizzy Bennett the best?? :D
      Thank you. :) I figured that if I was thinking about/struggling with this, others might too! A little pep-talk never hurt anyone, right?

      And THANK YOU for that!!! I'm a nervous wreak where my test is concerned... I hate exams! :P

      Delete
  3. So very very true. There's positives to everything, as well as negatives...but God is always in control. Praying you have a peaceful move-- definitely know how emotional/hectic that can be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Anne! :) Joy and peace in God is the best medicine, isn't it? Thank you!! I hope that our move goes smoothly too...

      Delete
  4. This is such a relevant topic for me! I tend to be more negative, so I have to work at being positive. Not only does it set a good example to people and show them what you're all about, but it makes me feel better about my situation when I purposely look for the positives.

    Great post! A reminder that I needed:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Sunny! :) I think everyone struggles with it to a certain degree... Amen to that! But if we can all challenge each other to work harder, maybe we can all make a difference together, right? "Changing the world one smile at a time??" Haha! :P

      Thank you for commenting! <3

      Delete
  5. I needed to hear this. My life, although not as busy as yours, can weigh me down with a to-do list that I can never defeat, and I need to look up and see the sky and the clouds that GOd made rather than the mud that covers my shoes sometimes.

    (P.S. Your guest post made me smile in remembrance of good books and desire to read the ones I didn't read growing up!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Hannah P! :) Thanks for telling me that... I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling with it. And I love that analogy!! <3

      Oh, thank you!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! It was fun to reminice.

      Delete
  6. "Don't let your situation define you." Hannah, that is such good advice. Thanks for sharing this, girl.
    I hope the moving house process/ACT goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Hannah! :) Thank you... Haha! My ACT went okay, I suppose. I'm fairly confident on the English & Reading portion. (I finished early on both!) I'm not so sure on the Math & Science... And on the Writing, I HAVE NO IDEA!! Haha! :P

      Delete
  7. "Don't let your situation Define you" I was quoting that before I realised Hannah, above, was, too! It really is such a powerful statement and I felt a bit of a rush as I read it. Definitely something to remember.

    In reply to your comment over on The Daisy Tree, I think The Edge Chronicles are more UK popular because the authors are British and well respected in the UK. I know I loved them, but I only ever knew one person in Australia who liked them, too. Edge fans unite! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again, Romi! :) I've heard that statement many times before... It's short, but packs in a lot of meaning!!

      Oh, okay! I suppose that makes sense... I still wish more people knew about them, though!! Haha! Maybe that guest post will start a few new fans? :P Edge Fans Unite!!

      Delete
  8. This is a fantastically wonderful post and I sooo agree. There is ALWAYS a positive angel. I'm such a pessimist that I often don't see the positive angle. GAH. >-> I do try though. Perspective can totally be everything.

    Good luck with your moving house and your eating healthier!! Moving is so stressful I find, because I really hate change and new surroundings. BUT YOU'RE RIGHT. YAY POSTIVIE EXCITING NEW HOUSE. x) And eating healthier gets easy the more you do it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Cait! Thanks for stopping by! :) Yeah... Finding the good in everything really is tough! But with all-powerful papa God leading the way & empowering us, it's not as difficult.

      Thank you for the encouragement!! I've been needing it! :) I'm already dreaming about how my bookshelves will look in the new house... Lol! :P And I really DO enjoy eating healthy. It makes me feel really good. I always have TONS of energy!! (I write this as I'm stuffing a cookie in my mouth, but I'll do better... Haha!) :D

      Delete

I love comments. Seriously, I love them! Feel free to discuss the post, ask questions, leave a link to your blog, or just make a passing remark about books & coffee...

(But PLEASE keep your comments kind & positive. Advice is fine, but meanness is not. Be sweet like chocolate & loving like Jesus and we will get along splendidly!)