Leibster Award

Monday, July 6, 2015



I was nominated by Ally @ The Scribbling Sprite and Sarah @ Sarah, Plain and Average for the Liebster Award!! Thanks, ladies!! :)












~Rules~ 
-Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog. 
-Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself. 
-Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
-Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award. 
-Come up with 11 questions for your nominees! 












Here are 11 Random facts about me:



1.) I just sat here, staring blankly at the screen when I saw that I had to come up with random facts about myself. Oh, the pressure!! :P


2.) Um... I am currently wearing my running spandex, because it is early in the morning while I'm typing this & I have to be dressed to make myself do anything productive. (i.e. Running...)


3.) I got this really cool bookmark in the mail the other day from Emma @ A Lantern In Her Hand... Here's a pic:












Isn't it pretty??


4.) I kinda freak out any time I post anything online, because I hate making grammar & punctuation mistakes. Seriously, I fret every time I make a post anywhere!! I know everyone still makes mistakes, though.


5.) I'm a wee bit of a perfectionist, in case you didn't figure it out from the last point. But I'm learning to not be quite so uptight...


6.) I want to be a writer when I "grow up". (I'm actually turning 18 in the fall, so it's not too far away!)


7.) I currently have 4 different story ideas stewing around in my brain at the moment. Three out of the four are supposed to be more in the Middle-school/YA realm, while the fourth is going to be a kiddy picture-book!! (I'm really excited about the last one!!)


8.) I struggle with plot-bunnies... A LOT. Otherwise, I wouldn't have 4-5 different plots buzzing around in my head at a time! It's rather frustrating.


9.) I HAD 11 facts, but my post just messed up & I lost the rest... 










Here are Ally's questions:




- What's one place you've always wanted to go to, but have never been?

Scotland & Ireland... I've always wanted to visit the places where ancestors lived. Plus, they are both beautiful countries!!



- Your favorite genre to read?

Hmm... I suppose Historical Fiction. Most of my favorites take place in the real world during a different time, so I think that answers this question fairly well. Although, I do love others.




- What is your BIGGEST pet peeve?

Ugh... I hate it when I close my door & someone comes in, goes out, and leaves the door open again.




- Your favorite TV show?

BBC Sherlock.




- What is the grossest thing you've ever eaten?

I ate mystery-meat stew in a slum of Kenya--twice!! It was not the most pleasent meal I had ever eaten, but when on a mission-trip...




- If you could choose one author to sit down and have a chat/interview with, who would it be?

Oh, goodness!! There are so many!! Roald Dahl would be an interesting one. But so would C.S. Lewis. As would Charles Dickens. And...





- Tell us your favorite joke.

Okay. It's a long one.



Once upon a time there were little gnome-like creatures called 'Trids' who resided in a magical forest, at the foot of an enormous mountain. And every day these Trids would climb up the mountain to drink from a beautiful crystal fountain at the top, only to be caught, beaten, & kicked back down the side of the mountain by a giant ogre who guarded the fountain. This went on for years and years... 
But one day, after the long, excruciating tumble down, the Trids decided that they had had enough & went to a Jewish Rabbi to beg for help. The Rabbi agreed to be of assistance & climbed the mountain, hoping to talk some sense into the ogre. 
When he reached the top, he saw the crystal fountain & knelt down to drink. Out of the corner of his eye, the Rabbi could see the ogre approaching, so he nervously asked, "Are you going to kick me down the mountain too?"
The ogre laughed and said, "No, silly Rabbi, kicks are for Trids!"

*THE END*



- What is your favorite word and why?

"Puddles..." I don't know why, but I LOVE the way it sounds. "Puddles, puddles, puddles..."





- Who is your favorite protagonist? In any novel, any movie, etc.

Awww... No fair!! I like Elizabeth Bennett from Pride & Prejudice. But for a more recent favorite, I really enjoyed Leisel from The Book Thief. Both are sassy and sarcastic. I love it!





- If you had to be trapped on a deserted island with one person, who would that person be?

Umm... I read The Lord of the Flies just recently. I'd rather not be trapped on an island with any of my family of friends. Could I choose a fictional character? I'd pick the Doctor!! :)




- If your name were an acronym, what would it stand for?


H- Hungry


A- Average


N- Neapolitan-icecream-loving


N- Nightime-reading & writing


A- Aspiring to be awesome


H- Happy










Here are Sarah's questions:




1. What is your favorite meal of all time?

Hmm... I adore chicken-fried steak with mashed potatoes, sweet corn, & green beans!! (Southern girl, over here!! Haha!)



2. If you could choose to travel back in time, to which era would you go to? (the days before Christ? Medieval ages? Western 17-1800s? etc...)

Oh, I'd go to the WWII era!! I know it was a difficult time, but it seemed like Americans really focused on community & being a team...



3. Are you a writer? If so, please summarize your story/novel/WIP in THREE sentences. (Mwahahahaha xD)

Yes, ma'am, I am... Ugh, this is a hard one, though! 

"Emma Winslow, an awkward teenager with the unique ability to read minds, suddenly finds herself on a train headed for a tiny, out-of-the-way village in order to attend a special school for 'gifted students'. Faced with her fear of making friends and using her gift, Emma is forced out of her comfort-zone at every turn and realizes that there is more to her school than meets the eye. With the help of her new friends, she discovers the secrets behind her school, experiences the strength of diversity, and learns things about herself she never understood before."



4. Where would your ideal dream home be?

A mix between a cottage & cabin in the mountains, with a view of a forest, green rolling hills, and the seaside in the distance. Inside, I would want a humongous library with a fireplace & soft armchairs to relax in... (Tall order, huh?)



5. What person in your life is closest to you, and how and where did you meet?
My parents... Because, ya know, they're my parents & I love them! ;) 




6. Favorite ice-cream flavor?

Butter-Pecan Crunch... 'Nuff said.



7. Very quickly (and yes, this requires MOVING), stand from where you are, walk ten paces, turn right, step two, turn left, step five paces. Where are you now? And were there any obstacles in your way? If so, what are they?

In the kitchen, by the stove. ;) 




8. If you and your best friend were stranded on an island, and you could choose three items to help you survive/escape, what would they be?

(Why do you people keep stranding me on these islands?? Lol!) 

 1.) A house, complete with air-conditioning, electricity, and internet. (That still only counts as ONE!!!) 
2.) Food.
3.) A library full of books.




9. If you could give your ten-years-from-now-future-self ONE piece of advice, what would it be?

Don't let other people's opinion change the way you live. The only opinion that matters is God's & he should be the only that changes how you live. 




10. Camping/back-packing trip, or beach vacation?

A nice, long, misty walk on the beach sounds lovely...



11. What is your realistic/unrealistic dream job?

A writer.









I'm not going to nominate anyone, because I think most of you have already done it!! Lol! But, if you want to join, take your favorite questions from this list & use it! :)









10 comments :

  1. The door thing is one of my pet peeves, too, and I think puddles is a very nice word! I really like the sound of your dream house, because I do love cabins in the mountains, too! I also hope that you do achieve your dream of being a writer, because I'll bet it would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Heather! :) Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about the door... lol! And I'm glad you like "puddles" and my dream-house!!
      I plan on achieving my dream job one day! It will be an exciting time... <3

      Delete
  2. The Doctor is a good choice. I'd probably choose to be stranded with him, too ;) And, your ideal dream home = my ideal dream home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Ally! :) Hehehe... It would be tons of fun to travel with him!! Oh, I'm glad you like my house. Lol! I wish that could happen too. :P

      Delete
  3. I love your acronym xD And puddles is an excellent word :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Opal! :) Hehe... It took me a while to think of any good fill-ins for that acronym!! And I think people should say "puddles" more often, don't you? XD

      Delete
  4. Haha! I'm so glad you did this!! LOVE your answers. And I must say you did a fantastic job of summarizing your WIP. That sounds amazing!! It was a difficult question, but well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sarah! :) Thanks for tagging me! It was fun!! XD The three-sentence summary was an excellent exercise... Thanks for adding that in there! <3

      Delete
  5. This was a great post! I even decided to do it over at my blog!
    https://elliotcountenance.wordpress.com/2015/07/30/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sydney!! :) I cannot wait to read your post! <3

      Delete

I love comments. Seriously, I love them! Feel free to discuss the post, ask questions, leave a link to your blog, or just make a passing remark about books & coffee...

(But PLEASE keep your comments kind & positive. Advice is fine, but meanness is not. Be sweet like chocolate & loving like Jesus and we will get along splendidly!)