Lovely Language // where I fall in love with words

Friday, August 28, 2015






   Hello, my name is Hannah & I adore words.

   I am amazed each time I discover a beautifully descriptive word in a book or on the Internet, and feel all giddy inside when I can add it to my mental Vocabulary Library...

   Seriously, words are lovely little miracles! Think about how much (or how little) can be translated by simply aligning a few characters or sounds into a particular order. Words evoke emotions inside us, bring pictures and memories to mind, & instantly create an unbelievably unique experience that only the individual can understand!


   I adore it...


In honor of this infatuation with words, I decided to post some of my new favorite words today!! I hope you enjoy them as much as I have! :)








































What are some of your favorite words?? Comment down below & share some new ones... I'm always up for some amazing words. 

Also, be sure to go check out this guest-post I was a part of @ A Splash of Ink with Sunny: Blogger Spotlight








    

15 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness, I love these <3 they make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside (like vellichor and gezellighied). It's nice learning words just because you can, but I hate it when you have to learn new words for school. It takes the joy out of it. I am so learning these! Thanks for the awesome list!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Victoria! :) Haha! I'm glad you like them!! There is something very cozy & comforting about them, isn't there? I LOVE IT!! <3 Awe... That's understandable. I feel that way about it sometimes. I just try to look on the bright side & think about how my writing will grow if I work at them!! XD

      Thanks for reading!! <3

      Delete
  2. Ahhh love these, so beautiful. Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Anne! :) Awe... Glad you enjoyed them! <3

      Delete
  3. Oneirataxia. I think my mind can relate to that very much. =}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Victoria! :) Hehehe... Yeah, this girl talks about characters she creates in her head & has trouble understanding why people give her funny looks. LOL! :)

      Thanks for reading! <3

      Delete
  4. Petrichor and gezelligheid are amazing words :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Opal! :) Ahhhh... There is something about them that just catches at my imagination. So satisfying.... <3

      Delete
  5. I love these! It's so cool when a word perfectly describes a feeling or situation. A couple of my favorite words are sonder and hiraeth, they have pretty long specific definitions, so I don't use them much, but they're fun words to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Candice! :) Ooohh!! I need to go look those up!! They sound fantastic.

      Thanks for sharing & reading! <3

      Delete
  6. Hannah, this is great! I love words (and of course when I'm asked, I can never remember my favorites), and I love that you're so passionate about them. Even more than words, I actually love sentences and grammar and punctuation. Like, think about it: changing the punctuation in a sentence can give it a new sound or meaning; moving a word here and a comma there can make it something completely different?

    Seriously, it's great to see someone who loves language as much as I do! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Rae! :) YES!! Language never ceases to amaze me... It's so beautiful!! XD

      I'm glad you enjoyed! Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  7. Salutations, Hannah!

    What an entertaining blog! It is a great time to be a logophile, as the flow of words and thoughts from far away cultures intermix and blend with the help of the internet. I love the selection of words you've posted! Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of the pretty, unusual words! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Hannah! :) Aren't words beautiful?? <3

      Delete

I love comments. Seriously, I love them! Feel free to discuss the post, ask questions, leave a link to your blog, or just make a passing remark about books & coffee...

(But PLEASE keep your comments kind & positive. Advice is fine, but meanness is not. Be sweet like chocolate & loving like Jesus and we will get along splendidly!)