A Few of My Favorite Things // tag

Sunday, December 6, 2015



  "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with string--these are a few of my favorite things...

   But I also like tags!! Especially wintery/Christmassy tags. This is the first one I've started on my own, so feel free to spread the fun around. This tag is meant to help get everyone in the Christmas spirit & get you excited for the holidays. Besides, who doesn't love talking about Christmas and fun winter weather??

   I will start this first post with my answers & will tag a few people to kick this thing off! Cannot wait to learn more about you guys & a few of your favorite things!



Rules:

Answer prompts with the wintery/Christmassy theme in mind.
Tag at least 5 of your blogger-buddies to take part.
Use the title picture I provided above.
Spread the love around!






1.) Favorite "snuggle weather" Books

Little House in the Big Woods / The Best Christmas Pagent Ever / How the Grinch Stole Christmas



2.) Favorite wintery/Christmassy Snacks
(Bonus points for a recipe... *hint-hint*) 

Saltine Cracker Christmas Toffee
(My dad has his own recipe, but this one is very similar!) I have trouble with self-control when it comes to eating this stuff... It's soooo amazing!! It brings both sweet and salty to the table, along with lots of Christmas cheer.



Chocolate Covered Pretzel Sticks 
(I don't get these very often, but they are are delicious! And it's great when we dip them in caramel first...)



Pretzel Peppermint Patties
(Last year we shaped these like little reindeer & it was super cute! Plus, it's super easy because all you need is the Hershey's Peppermint Kisses, pretzels, and M&Ms.)




3.) Favorite Hot Drinks

Toffee-Nut Latte from Starbucks / Apple Cider / Hot Peppermint Tea



4.) Favorite Christmas Movies

While You Were Sleeping / White Christmas / Muppet Christmas Carol / Christmas with the Kranks





5.) Favorite holiday Songs

I'll Be Home for Christmas-Barlowgirl / Winter Snow-Audrey Assad / Do You Hear What I Hear-Anthem Lights / 



6.) Favorite "snow day" Crafts 
(Extra points if you show pictures!)

Gumdrop Candy Trees
(all you need is gummy candies, toothpicks, and a Styrofoam cone.) They are super fun to make, and quite a tasty treat too!




Cinnamon Christmas Ornaments 
(Made primarily out of cinnamon & glue.) These roll out like cookie dough and smell like ginger snaps, but they bake hard like clay! This are fantastic air fresheners & lovely ornaments to hang on your tree.




Felt + Pine-cone Elves 
(I haven't tried this one yet, but I wanna try it this year! Aren't they adorbs??) These would be precious decorations for the mantle or the window, or maybe even for the tree!






 7.) Do you wanna build a snowman?

YES I DO. SNOW, WHERE ARE YOU??



~~~~~~~~


I Tag...





~~~~~~~~




   You see, my peeps? It's quite easy! And loads of fun. I'm ready for CHRISTMAS, guys!! Who's with me?? Feel free to leave a link to your post in the comment section. Tag all the peoples! And remember...

"The best way to spread Christmas cheer is by singing loud for all too hear!"








10 comments :

  1. I want to try to make the cracker thing it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Skye! :) OHMYGOSH!! You must try it sometime!! It is DIVINE!! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  2. I just finished reading the Best Christmas Pageant Ever!! I basically ADORE that book and I remember when I was 12 I literally read it twice, straight after I finished it. XD It's just that glorious. *happy sigh*
    Those pinecone elves are ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Cait! :) Ah... Love that book. I literally laugh out loud EVERY TIME WE READ IT. (Family tradition requires us to do a reading every year during the week of Christmas. lol!)

      I thought they were kinda adorable too! Possible sibling bonding-time coming soon?? Haha! <3

      Delete
  3. YOU GET CHRISTMAS IN WINTER. Somehow I always manage to forget that half the world isn't melting on Christmas day :') Little House in the Big Woods! I haven't re read that in aggges. Defiantly a good 'snuggle' book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Opal! :) OHMYWORD!! I'M SO SORRY! I forgot that it's summer in Australia... I feel terrible now. Forgive my incredible insensitivity to the seasons?? XD

      I ADORE that book... A real classic.

      Delete
  4. What a fun post! Good for you for making your own tag! I always wonder how those things get started...
    I tried making those crack things last year, but missed the chocolate part. I bet they would taste about 1000 times better with chocolate:P

    Also, I love your Christmas header! So festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, Sunny! :) Awe,Thanks! It's easy & fun, girl. Just start with a theme & some fun questions. Haha! ;) And doesn't EVERYTHING taste better with chocolate??

      Dawww... Thanks! I really enjoyed making this one. <3

      Delete
  5. CHRISTMAS TAG YAYYY.

    I was reading this post and thinking, “This looks so fun and festive. I shall do it!” And then I reached the end and saw that I was tagged and I did a happy dance. ^_^ Thanks, dear!

    Oh, help, those Christmas Elves are the cutest things ever! I agree Little House in the Big Woods is an ideal winter read. Also, I'm craving all things chocolate now. *grin*

    Love this idea so much! What a clever tag, Hannah. *high-fives you*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Annie! :) Mwahaha! Great minds think alike, I suppose? I knew you wanted to do it before you even knew you did! LOL! XD
      Hehehe... Weeelll, I MIGHT have been craving chocolate when I made the tag too. Sorry-not-sorry! *grins* <3
      Daww... Thanks!! *fist-bumps you back*

      Delete

I love comments. Seriously, I love them! Feel free to discuss the post, ask questions, leave a link to your blog, or just make a passing remark about books & coffee...

(But PLEASE keep your comments kind & positive. Advice is fine, but meanness is not. Be sweet like chocolate & loving like Jesus and we will get along splendidly!)