Emoji Book Tag // just flailing over books

Saturday, February 20, 2016



Rules:

-Link to the tag’s creators, and thank the person who tagged you.-
-Choose your top five favorite or recently used emojis, explaining in what situations you use them.-
 -Then associate each one with a book or character.-
-Tag whoever you want!-



    I was tagged by Sydney at The Elliott Countenance back in December... Thanks, dear! I do, however, feel terrible for it taking me this long to do this tag, because it is super cute!! Maybe one day I will stay on top of things & do tags immediately after I am tagged? (Probably not, but I can still dream, right...?)





~~~


#1: The "Laughing-til-I'm-Crying" Emoji

    This little guy is one of the most-used emojis on my phone, which I think is a great sign. That means I'm a hilarious person! (Or maybe it's my friends who are funny? *shrugs*) Anyway, this one is for humorous situations/stories that make me laugh or smile! 

    The book I am going to associate with this one is, strangely enough, a nonfiction book! (Yes, I actually sometimes enjoy reading those things! Imagine that. Haha!) My pick was  As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes. 




    I chose this book because it made me laugh until I was in pain!! Elwes (the lovely dude who portrayed Wesley) did a fantastic job of mixing hilarious & heart-wrenching stories about what happened behind the scenes during the making of a favorite movie of mine: The Princess Bride. His attention to the goofy little details and the bittersweet memories was really touching & it changed my perspective on the movie itself. Different scenes stand out for me now that I've heard the inside jokes behind them & read about the personal moments that took place beyond the camera, all of which added layers to this classic movie. (Even if you aren't a big fan of the movie, this book is still inconceivably interesting! See what I did there? *wink*)


~~~
#2: The "What Even...?" Emoji

   This dude is another one of my most-used emojis... He pops up in conversations when I am surprised/shocked/speechless. 
   The book I associate with this one is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. 


   
   This book left me in a pile of numbness at the end. I was completely speechless. It was so beautiful, so dark, so sweet, so sad, SO SO SO MANY OTHER THINGS all at once. (Ugh... It will rip your heart out----in the best way possible.) It was one of those books that I just had to sit quietly for a few moments after finishing, just so I could gather my thoughts together. Even if you don't care for historical fiction, this is definitely a must-read if you haven't attempted it already! It is quite unlike any book I've ever read.


~~~

#3: The Unimpressed Emoji

   Typically used when the said message is intended to be read in a flat, possibly unimpressed tone, this guy pops up in my convos every once and a while, usually when I'm saying something insanely sarcastic. 
   For the book I associate with this, I'm going to share The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman. 



   While I was rather intrigued by the idea of everyone in this story-world having animal companions & there being gypsies, talking warrior-bears, and traveling in hot air balloons, this story just didn't sit well with me. I only tried the first book in the trilogy, but it was just kinda ho-hum... (It's one of those stories that I wished I had thought of first & put my own twist on it! Is that a terrible thing to say? Lol! I just would have done things differently. And I also felt slightly offended at some points because of the biblical principles that were mentioned & twisted, but that's another discussion for another post.) Long story short, I felt that this story had a lot of potential, but it just kinda missed the mark for me. No offense to anyone out there that liked it! I'm just saying that this was not of favorite of mine.


~~~

#4: The Flailing-Fangirl Emoji

   This is the one I use when I just need to flail & scream for a bit... You know what I mean? Sometimes something is so amazing, you just have to SHOUT & SCREAM & FLAIL about it for a few hundred years!! 


.........*ahem*.........

    Anyway, the book(s) I associate with this one is The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. (There are 7 books in total, with a new play-script coming into print soon! In a way, I suppose that makes 8 total, doesn't it? *squeals*) 



   I just recently gobbled up these tales over the course of three months. I thoroughly enjoyed them & loved the messages of friendship, love, and bravery woven throughout. I admire Rowling's writing-style, her characters, her world-building, and the themes she used in her books. I never expected to fall head-over-heels for a 7-book series, but I did... Every one of them was a treat! (Still haven't seen the movies, but it's on my bucket-list.) For the most part, I haven't made a huge deal of reading them, but any time I see something on Pinterest or Tumblr about it, I inwardly flail. *squeals

   And just in case anyone is wondering, according to the Pottermore Sorting Quiz, I am a Ravenclaw... You're welcome. *grins*


~~~

#5: The Heart Emoji



   Everybody knows that a heart symbolizes loooooveee.....*winks* So, this is how I share my love via emojis. 
   
   The book I associate with this is Emma by Jane Austen. (Because major shipping-feels!!)



   I just finished this book right before Valentine's Day & it was lovely!! I just wanted to squish all of the charries in a loveable ship-hug & feed them chocolate... This is a great one if you just need any more ships/feels in your life. I think we can all agree that Jane Austen was the Queen of Shipping. 


~~~

Tagging: 

I'm just going to make this easy & tag anyone who is currently reading this post! There, done!!




THANK YOU TO THE TAG CREATORS:
Scott



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



   Well, that's all for this post... Do you have any favorite emojis? What books do you associate with them? Do you have any books that would have gone hand-in-hand with my choices? Comment down below & share your thoughts! :)



Currently Reading: Rules of Murder by Julianna Deering
Just Finished: The Bells of Paradise by Suzannah Rowntree (Review coming soon!)
Listening to: Ink & Bone: the Great Library by Rachel Caine via Audible.com
   
   





17 comments :

  1. The "Laughing-til-I'm-Crying" Emoji is my most used as well. It's my response to pretty much everything.

    This is such a cool tag, I've never seen it before :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Opal! :) Haha! YES, that emoji is a great one... I thought this tag was cool too! I think the reason you haven't seen it around is because it started out as a BookTube tag, but some book bloggers took it & ran with it. lol! The bookish community is a lovely thing! <3

      Delete
  2. I want to read the Princess Bride one, I love behind the scenes stuff. I use the 'what even' Emoji the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Skye! :) Oh, yes you must!! It was a lovely read... Hehe, yeah that emoji is a fun one to use!

      Delete
  3. I've watched the Princess Bride movie COUNTLESS times (my friends and I always watch it at sleepovers xD), but have never actually read the book??? I should fix that. *nod*

    My most used emoji is probably the heart. And then a smiley face and a sticking-tongue-out. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya, Katie! :) I LERVVVV the movie!! My friends & I quote the lines in regular conversation all the time! Oh, yeah, you should! (Although, I've found that I actually liked the movie better than the Princess Bride novel... *squirms* I know, weird.) :P

      Haha! Don't you just love emojis?? :D

      Delete
  4. This is a really cool tag! I don't use emojis since I don't really have a phone but the emojis you put with the books I totally agree with.

    hottowncoolgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Nabila! :) I'm glad you liked it! Oh, okay... But I'm glad you still enjoyed it. <3

      Delete
  5. This was a really neat tag! I love The Princess Bride, so I should check out that book! It sounds amazing! My favorite emoji is probably the smiley face, because why not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Candice! :) Well, I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for reading! <3 I love the Princess Bride SO MUCH!! It's just so cheesy & adorable... *hugs story* Smiley faces are awesome! I like them too. :D

      Delete
  6. Yesss. This. It's so great. I'm really glad you decided to do it! And I totally agree, Jane Austen is most definitely the queen of shipping. Can you just imagine, though? Jane Austen sitting there in her morning gown thinking, "Yes. Gemma. I ship it." Ahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Sydney! :) Thanks again for tagging me, dear! OHMYGOSH... This seriously made me snort with laughter. (Not exactly the most attractive thing, but hey--it was funny!) I can totally see Jane doing that!!! I love it!!! XD <3 <3 <3

      Delete
    2. To be honest, I totally cracked myself up about it :P Haha

      Delete
    3. Haha! I love how you can be your own entertainment sometimes... <3

      Delete
  7. I totally squeal when I think about HP! I'm highly sceptical of the new book coming, because I don't want to ruin the magic. Although I fail at using emojis while texting, it's fun to see how you linked them with books.

    Great tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Sunny! :) Haha! Oh, yeah... I can understand being skeptical about it. (But I can't help but feel a *little* excited about it!! I wasn't ready for the series to end.) I thought it was fun to use emojis with books. It was something new & different! :P

      Thanks for reading, dear!

      Delete
  8. I use the laughing emoji A LOT. BASICALLY ALL THE TIME. XD Ahem. And I end up using the heart-eyes emoji on instagram a lot because people take such nice photos of books, omg, I cannot even contain the excitement. hehe.
    Ohhhh The Book Thief left me in shock too. AND IN TEARS. BASICALLY HEART BROKEN. </3 But it was such a glorious read.
    Aaaand I had no idea As You Wish existed and NOW I NEED IT. *dashes to see if library has it*

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Seriously, I love them! Feel free to discuss the post, ask questions, leave a link to your blog, or just make a passing remark about books & coffee...

(But PLEASE keep your comments kind & positive. Advice is fine, but meanness is not. Be sweet like chocolate & loving like Jesus and we will get along splendidly!)