Mourning a Character Death // my life in a nutshell

Wednesday, June 15, 2016




   Hey, lovely people! Now that I'm getting back into the swing of blogging again, I thought I would make a fun GIF-post to celebrate. I mean c'mon, who doesn't love a trillion gifs all over the place?? This is a topic that I'm sure everyone can relate to because we all have had a favorite character die in a book/tv show & we didn't know what to do about it. At least, I know I have...






First Impressions...



   (You start out like the clueless new kid--wandering around in this fictional universe, looking for a friend. And suddenly, you meet one. There's a character you could possibly grow to love!)





Connecting with Them...



   "Aw... This character's actually kinda funny. And adorable. And I kind of relate to them. This is really nice!"






Developing a Deep, Spiritual Connection...



   "Woah... They feel that way too?? I would have totally said that! Dude, are we the same person?? What's going on here?"







Falling head-over-heels / Obsession...



   "ASKFAKBFADFBAsdbSDFLJHDFAS!!!! They are the best character in the history of ever!! I want a mini version of them to carry around in my pocket & have sassy conversations with!! No, Mom, I'm not insane. You just don't understand!!"






YOUR WORLD ENDS!!!



   ".................NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..........That can't be right!!!!" *rereads* "What?? WHY??" *slams head into pillow*






Shock & Denial...


   "Nope, NOpe, NOPe, NOPE!!! It's wrong. It's a typo. It's a joke. SOMEONE IS LYING TO ME."








Heartbreak & UGLY Tears... 



   "But whhhhyyyyy??? They were perfect! Why'd they have to die?? I wasn't ready!" *sobs*







More Denial...


   "Ugh. NO. I refuse to believe this. They are not dead. I don't care what the book says. THEY AREN'T DEAD."






Pure Anger...



   "I hate this book. I hate these feelings. I hate the world. I hate everyone. DON'T TALK TO ME."






Hating the Author...



   *writes angry Tweet* "YOU LOW-DOWN DIRTY DOG!!! WHHYYY???? THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO DIE. YOU DON'T DESERVE YOUR BEAUTIFUL CHARACTERS."







Depression...



   "Fine. Whatever. If you'll excuse me, I'll be in my room reading fanfiction & listening to sad music."






Wondering if You'll Ever Get Over Them...



   *Google searches Nearest Grief Counseling Group*






Accepting That You Won't...



   "They are a part of me & I will never forget them."






Forcing Someone Else Love the Character So You Can Be Miserable Together...



*smirks* "You know, this is a really good book. You need to read it." *evil laughter*





~~~


How many of you have experienced something like this? What are some books you have a love/hate relationship over due to a favorite charrie dying?? Lemme know in the comments down below!


Currently Reading: (waiting on delivery of Siren's Fury by Mary Weber)
Just Finished: Storm Siren by Mary Weber
Listening to: "Fire Alarms" by Ed Sheeran







No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments. Seriously, I love them! Feel free to discuss the post, ask questions, leave a link to your blog, or just make a passing remark about books & coffee...

(But PLEASE keep your comments kind & positive. Advice is fine, but meanness is not. Be sweet like chocolate & loving like Jesus and we will get along splendidly!)