Would You Rather: Book Tag

Saturday, June 18, 2016




Hello, lovely people! So, waaaaaayyyyy back in the distant days of February, my dear blogging-buddy, Wendy Greene of the Jumping Bean, tagged me in the Would You Rather Book Tag. But I was an incredibly lazy bean who couldn't get her life together (*snorts* What am I saying...? That's still me) and I neglected to do it. BUT HERE WE ARE NOW. Thanks for the tag, love!


Anywho, down to business...

Would you rather read only trilogies or stand-alones?

   While I always enjoy a good trilogy, I find that I tend to get burned-out when that is all I read. As terrible as it sounds, sometimes taking a break from one particular author/genre/character cast is a good thing. I like to try news things, so I would have to say stand-alones!



Would you rather read only male or female authors?

   OOOOHHHH... I tend to read more books by female authors, but I find that I am drawn to stories by male writers? For one thing, females usually tend to write from a female perspective. And while chicks are great and all (believe me, I am one!), I actually like to read books with a male perspective, which I've found is hard to find with a female author! Dudes are awesome creatures, and I occasionally like to be able to get inside their heads for a while. It's just something new & different for me. In fact, my current WIP, Polaroids+Poscards is written from a guy's POV.



Would you rather shop at Barnes and Noble or Amazon?

   DUDE, WHYYY?? Um... If we are talking ordering books online, I would definitely have to go with Amazon. My reasoning? Amazon Prime gives you free shipping. Free shipping = saving money = more money to buy more books. But if we are talking just shopping for books in general, I'd say B&N because I can hold, pet, and sniff the books if I go to the store. IT'S THE EXPERIENCE.



Would you rather have books become TV shows or movies?

   TV shows, all the way!! Especially if the writers for the show do it right & basically use the original book as the script. The longer they can drag it on, the better. I want my eyes to burn with the fabulous 24-hour marathon of the on-screen adaption of my favorite books.




Would you rather read fives pages a day, or five books a week?

   Five books a week?? Heck, yeah! I would be the book-readingest person you ever saw if I could do that! That's sounds like some kind of amazing super-human ability. (Do you think I could join the Avengers? I'll make a teeshirt.)




Would you rather be a professional reviewer or author?

   Author. Hands down. No questions asked.




Would you rather only read your top 20 favorite books over and over again, or always read new ones you’ve never read before?

   New books! Don't get me wrong, I love to reminisce over the "good old days" with my favorite books, but eventually I need to move on. New experiences, bro!!





Would you rather be a librarian or bookseller?

   Librarian. Hopefully, I would be a fun, quirky librarian who makes kids excited to read & shows them where all my favorite books are & turn them all into happy mini-fangirls.




Would you rather read only your favorite genre(s) or anything but your favorite?

   Odd fact about me, I actually don't have a "favorite genre"... I know, weird. It changes with my mood. I don't like limitations of that sort. I AM DIVERGENT, OKAY?? So I guess I'll just say my favorite, because they are all my favorite when I'm reading them!




Would you rather read only physical books or e-books?

   PHYSICAL BOOKS FOREVER AND ALWAYS. YOU CANNOT CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE.



TAGGING
I tag Opal of Opal Swirls | Katie from A Writer's Faith | Annie from The Curious Wren




So tell me, loves--how has your week been? (I've been sick & aggressively binge-reading the entirety of the Storm Siren trilogy.) Lemme know what you've been up to in the comments!




Currently Reading: Siren's Song by Mary Weber
Just Finished: Siren's Fury by Mary Weber
Listening to: (about to start) Scarlet by Marissa Myer via Audible.com






No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments. Seriously, I love them! Feel free to discuss the post, ask questions, leave a link to your blog, or just make a passing remark about books & coffee...

(But PLEASE keep your comments kind & positive. Advice is fine, but meanness is not. Be sweet like chocolate & loving like Jesus and we will get along splendidly!)